Submit your own Pangasius Recipe and win!
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 5 red onions, chopped
- 2kg potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 3 green peppers, deseeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 smoked Vietnamese Pangasius (also known as Basa)
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp fried oregano
- Lemon butter sauce, to serve
Smoked Pangasius with onion, lime juice and herbs
A mouthwatering soft pangasius fillet, drizzled in olive oil and lime juice, then sprinkled with fresh herbs, will be a great start of your evening.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes for 1 minute. Tip into a large roasting tray.
- Add half the onions to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then add to the tray with the potatoes, along with the peppers and half the garlic.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Next drizzle olive oil into the bottom of another tray and add the fish. Squeeze over the lime and scatter with the thyme, oregano and the rest of the onion and garlic.
- Cover the tray with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the fish with the roasted vegetables and a lemon butter sauce.
Original recipe from: http://www.channel4.com