Submit your own Pangasius Recipe and win!
- 1-2 lb pangasius pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk (can use regular or low-fat milk)
- 3 cups cornmeal
- salt and pepper (other seasonings you want)
5 – 6 persons
- A deep fryer is the best frying tool for this recipe. Heat until hot. If you don’t own a deep fryer, put oil in a skillet until it is halfway up and use medium high heat.
- In a large bowl beat egg with a fork, add buttermilk to it. Beat again to incorporate.
- In another big bowl put cornmeal and seasonings to taste.
- Rinse nuggets and dip into milk mixture, depending on how many you have you could probably fit them all in at one time.
- Take a few out of the milk and dip in to the cornmeal, roll around to get it coated good, then put into oil.
- If using skillet put them in until skillet is full. fry 3 minutes, turn and fry another 2-3 minutes. If using a deep fryer fry 5 minutes, about halfway through stir them around to break up any that might have clumped together. They are done when golden brown and flake easily with a fork.