- 75 ml pitted black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon each: basil and fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tin (approx. 540 ml) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 125 ml diced eggplant
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 450 g pangasius fillets
- For garnish: crumbled feta cheese and finely chopped fresh parsley
Pangasius fillets on Provençal vegetable concassé
- Preheat oven to 230ºC.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add onion, eggplant, zucchini and yellow pepper. Cook until vegetables are lightly roasted but still crisp.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, herbs and olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer vegetables to a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Arrange pangasius fillets on vegetables. Season generously with pepper, and add salt to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. At serving time, sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with couscous.
Variation: Replace eggplant with artichoke hearts and add several finely chopped dried tomatoes.
Original recipe from: http://www.iga.net