Submit your own Pangasius Recipe and win!
- 60ml. cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1.4 liter hot water
- 1 (800gr.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (450gr.) package frozen sliced okra
- 500gr. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry crab boil
- 1kg. pangasius fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
Gumbo – pangasius combo
Try this typical Louisiana recipe and see for yourself how well it combines with the Asian pangasius fish. You might as well convince 9 other people of this Gumbo’s great taste, as this recipe serves 10 persons.
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Pour into skillet. Stir tomatoes, okra, and shrimp into skillet. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, bay leaves, and crab boil. Bring to a boil; cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Place pangasius in skillet, return to boil; cover, and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve.
Original recipe from: http://allrecipes.com