- 110g – 170g Tilapia fillet
- 16ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 2g minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dried basil
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 6g chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded (depending on how hot you want it)
- 60ml lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Grilled fish with Mango Salsa
Try this great recipe for a summery fish dish. It tastes just as good cooked under the grill as it does on the barbeque, so you can still enjoy it all year round! Pangasius or tipalia is ideal for this dish.
- For Marinade:
- Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the pangasius/ tilapia fillets, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For Salsa:
- Peel, pitt and dice the mango.
- Combine with the red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat frying/grill pan.
- Remove the Pangasius/Tilapia from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the fillets skin side down for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve the Pangasius/Tilapia topped with mango salsa.
Source: This recipe and its image are taken from http://visualfoods.co.uk . The original fish is tilapia which can be replaced by pangasius to make new taste.